Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Storm Surge by Christy Barritt

Series: Lantern Beach Mysteries #3
Genre: Mystery/Suspense
Publisher: River Heights
Released: March 11, 2018
306 pages
About the Book:
A storm is brewing hundreds of miles away, but its effects are devastating even from afar.

Laid-back and light: that's Cassidy Livingston's new motto. But when a makeshift boat with a bloody cloth inside washes ashore near her oceanfront home, her detective instincts shift into gear . . . again.

Seeking clues isn't the only thing on her mind-romance is heating up with next-door neighbor and former Navy SEAL Ty Chambers as well. Her heart wants the love and stability she's longed for her entire life. But her hidden identity only leads to a tidal wave of turbulence.

As more answers emerge about the boat, the danger around her rises, creating a treacherous swell that threatens to reveal her past. Can Cassidy mind her own business, or will the storm surge of violence and corruption that has washed ashore on Lantern Beach leave her life in wreckage?
 
                                    Christy Barritt's Website
 
Storm Surge Quote 1

My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 ðŸŒŸ 🌟 ðŸŒŸ    (4 stars)   

Cassidy has been on the island for about 3 months now and as soon as it appears things are going to quiet down a bit, a homemade raft washes up on shore. Cassidy can’t help herself from digging into the mystery, where did the raft come from? Every time she gets involved in a mystery she risks blowing her cover, but she just can’t help herself. I felt for the girls she was trying to help and was concerned for Cassidy’s life. The flashbacks to Cassidy’s undercover work gave us more insight into things she went through before coming to the island. Ty wasn’t involved in her investigation at the beginning (as he was dealing with a few other things), but as soon as he found out what Cassidy was doing he was there to help.

As much as the mystery had me guessing what was going to happen it was the relationship between Ty and Cassidy that captured my attention. When someone from Ty’s past shows up, Cassidy begins to realize the extent of her feelings. Cassidy struggles with deciding what she going to do about Ty and her feelings. Does she take the risk and share her secret with Ty, or not tell him knowing that she will hurt him when she has to leave. I understand her dilemma from her point of view, but I really want her to open up to Ty. I enjoyed their discussion near the end and was pleased with the way they decided to proceed for now. I hope the next book builds on this even more. I have a plan in my head of how I would things to end up and am hoping that Ms. Barritt goes in that direction, I’ll have to read the next book to find out.

Storm Surge Quote 2

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)


 Other Books in the Series:
1 Hidden Currents  2 Flood Watch  4 Dangerous Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment