Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Capturing Christmas by Shanna Hatfield

Series: Rodeo Romance #3
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Released: Nov. 12, 2015
322 pages
About the Book:
Sometimes love arrives softly... But it storms in like the blizzard of the century for one hunky cowboy Life is hectic on a good day for rodeo stock contractor Kash Kressley. Between dodging flying hooves and babying cranky bulls, he barely has time to sleep. The last thing Kash needs is the entanglement of a sweet romance, especially with a woman as full of fire and sass as the redheaded photographer he rescues at a rodeo. Determined to capture the best images possible, rodeo photographer Celia McGraw is fearless and feisty. Not one to back down from a challenge, her biggest risk isn't in her work. Danger lurks in the way her heart responds to one incredibly handsome stock contractor. Will Kash and Celia capture the spirit of Christmas and each other's hearts?
 

My Rating & Thoughts:    ðŸŒŸ ðŸŒŸ ðŸŒŸ ðŸŒŸ   (4 stars)

“At least she assumed she hadn’t died, unless angels wore dusty cowboy hats,
dark blue chaps, and were breath-stealing handsome.”

This was another fun story by Ms. Hatfield. I loved the first scene, it shows that Cecilia is one feisty character. What kind of guy is going to compliment her? Kash seems like the perfect gentleman to Cecilia at first but then he acts completely different and she doesn’t know what to think anymore. The twists and turns kept me entertained and had me trying to figure out how Kash & Cecilia would work things out. After much anguish they are able to find their place of happiness. The scenes spent at Kash’s ranch with his dad were fun, I enjoyed having these two men try to take care of a sick girl. I did think Cecilia overreacted a bit in one scene, if she had just listened instead of jumping to conclusions she would have saved herself some heartache. But this is what people do tend to do at times so it did feel realistic. Story is filled with many wonderful characters, I loved that the previous couples from the first books were included and I got to see how their lives have changed. I couldn’t stand Ransom for most of the book, but he grew and changed near the end, making me want to know him more. Cecilia has a great friend in Cooper and I can’t wait to read his story.
 
“Up until he’d met her, he’d never had his face slapped,
never felt so tied in knots, and never lost so much sleep.
Thoughts of her kept him tossing and turning most nights.”
 
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)
 Other Books in the Series:

No comments:

Post a Comment