Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Joint Investigation by Terri Reed

Series: Northern Border Patrol # 2
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Love Inspired
Released: July 7, 2015
224 pages
About the Book:

Under other circumstances, FBI agent Samantha Bennett might welcome a bit of backup—but not from an overprotective Mountie. She's been on the trail of a serial killer for six months and no one has ever taken the case seriously…until now. When Royal Canadian Mounted Police inspector Drew Kelley saves her life, he decides that the hunt for "Birdman" is his problem, too. Together they begin a cross-continent chase to stop the madman before he strikes again. However, Samantha fears her growing feelings for the lawman may weaken her focus, or worse—put Drew directly in the killer's sights…




My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 ðŸŒŸ 🌟 ðŸŒŸ  (4 stars)
 
“You have to have faith that good will triumph over evil.”

One huge draw for me to this story was the fact that it combined multiple law enforcement agencies and crossed the border into Canada.

FBI Special Agent Sami is in pursuit of a serial killer and meets RCMP Mountie Drew when her search takes across the border. The two end up teaming up together in pursuit of this villain. Their pursuit takes them to quite a few different places in the states and Canada. They encounter quite a bit of disturbing stuff and dangerous situations along the way. They are able to capture in the villain in the end but at what cost?

Sami and Drew were likeable characters. These two worked well together, being able to read each other well and provide backup for one another without being overbearing. Both have a faith in God and openly discussed their beliefs with each other. These traits made working as a team smooth. I found it easy to cheer for Sami and Drew and loved the scene of their first meeting.

This was a fast past story with a lot of nail-biting action, the villain was always one step ahead of them. I enjoyed following Drew and Sami on their quest to figure out how he was able to complete the crimes without being caught, figure out what was motivating him and catching him before anyone else got hurt. I felt like I was right there with them trying to figure out who the mastermind was and how to stop him. I enjoyed the ending, but did feel like I was left with some questions such as did they ever find the James? Part of the answer is given but I would’ve liked more. Overall I enjoyed the story and plan to read more in this series.

“Faith will see us through.”
 
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

 Other Books in the Series:
1 Danger at the Border 3 Murder Under the Mistletoe 4 Ransom 5 Identity Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment