Monday, April 17, 2017

Murder Comes by Mail by A.H. Gabhart


Released: May 17, 2016
352 pages
Series: Hidden Springs Mystery # 2
About the Book:

A Cozy Mystery Complete with a Small Town Full of Charming, Quirky Characters.
 
Deputy Sheriff Michael Keane doesn't particularly enjoy being touted as the hero of Hidden Springs after pulling a suicidal man back from the edge of the Eagle River bridge in front of dozens of witnesses--a few of whom caught the breathtaking moments with their cameras. But the media hype doesn't last long as a new story pushes its way into the public consciousness of Hidden Springs' concerned citizens.
 
Photos of a dead girl arrive in the mail, and Michael becomes convinced she was murdered by the man he saved. With a killer one step ahead, things in Hidden Springs begin to unravel. Now Michael must protect the people he loves--because the killer could be targeting one of them next.
 

My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 🌟 ðŸŒŸ (3 stars) 


After Deputy Sherriff Michael Keene prevents a jumper from jumping, pictures of a dead girl end up in his mailbox. Are the two incidents connected? Things start to get even stranger as the investigation processes it appears any girl Michael has had contact with is in danger. Before long it starts appearing that Michael is being set up to look like the killer. Can Michael clear his name and bring an end the craziness before someone else gets hurts? 

Story moved a good pace to keep you interested, you never knew just what was going to happen next, who someone else going to be killed, if so, who would it be and when. I was suspicious of a certain someone and it turned out I was right not to trust them. I am always a little pleased with myself when I suspect the right person. I did have a couple issues with the story though. There were a few parts where things were not answered clearly, such as the connection between a couple characters. And there was not much actual investigation work done, what the police did find out was pretty much handed to them or stumbled over by accident.
 
I really enjoyed Aunt Lindy and her tell it straight attitude to Michael, especially when it comes to his relationship (or non-relationship) to Alex. I had to laugh at her direct approach to them at the end. There is an obvious connection between the two of them and I loved the scenes with them together. Michael knows he loves her but is afraid to act on it because he fears things might not go the way he wants. I like the thought of them together and hope things improve between them in the next book.
 
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment