Saturday, February 25, 2017

Comfort Me by Debbie Viguie

Released: Feb. 25, 2017
244 pages
Series: Psalm 23 Mysteries # 13

About the Book:

 
Tragedy can strike in the blink of an eye, as Cindy Preston is all too aware. As she struggles to cope with the loss of her job, death and destruction are unfolding around her. At her new temp assignment she quickly discovers that something sinister happened to the woman she’s replaced. Meanwhile, Rabbi Jeremiah Silverman and Detective Mark Walters are left picking up the pieces when one of their own is viciously attacked. Now it’s a race against time to find three different killers before more innocent lives are shattered.

My Rating & Thoughts:   🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 (4 stars)


This is book thirteen in The Psalm 23 Mysteries. I have read and loved the previous twelve books, and was not so patiently waiting for this one to be released. These characters have really become like friends to me, I enjoy each time I get to dive into their world. And this one did not let me down. Yes 13 seems like a lot of books, but just like a TV series there is an ongoing storyline that carries across the books plus storylines that are unique to each one. Every crime is different and doesn’t feel something we’ve experienced before. Ms. Viguie sure knows how to keep readers hooked, each chapter ended in a cliff-hanger that made it almost impossible to put the book down until you got to the end. Even then it ends with a cliff-hanger compelling you to read the next. I do have to say, I would not recommend starting the series here, you really need to read from book 1 to fully understand the ongoing storyline and characters. A couple comments I kept repeating to myself while reading were – Liam has to be good! And second - 20 months! Why so long?
Two lines I loved were:
1. "You learn from it, you add it to your experience bank and it helps you every time you come across an uncertain situation in the future."  This is so true, our experiences make us who we are, we learn from them making us able to handle future events.
2. "He wouldn’t last a day in my shoes. Not one day. And then I end up here. And I’m sitting in this women’s chair, and I’m going through her things, her very personal things. And I’m just supposed to box up her life like she doesn’t matter, like she never existed, and carry on like nothing happened.... It always falls on the secretaries to clean up everyone else’s mess, even if they don’t get credit for it!" I was shouting you go girl during this rant.
 
Now we patiently (or not so patiently in my case) wait for book number fourteen...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment